The Art of Procrastination. I think I’ve perfected it.
1. Before starting on my work, check all email accounts. I’m sure there’s an email I need to respond to or haven’t read properly.
2. Read my favorite blogs on WordPress and then just explore those Freshly Pressed. Add new blogs to those I’m following. I should start on my work but,
3. I should update myself on real-world happenings first! So, I read the news. While reading, Google the tangential issues that peaked my interest. 40 minutes later…
4. Check my email again. Maybe something came in when I wasn’t looking. I’ll start doing stuff in a few minutes, I promise.
5. Oooh an email notification from Facebook. Login to Facebook to find out more, read my news feed for a dose of gossip.
6. Finally pull myself together to write a list of what I aim to do today before realizing that it is already 5pm.
7. Since its close to dinner time, I psyche myself into a state of potential hunger and keep my mind occupied with thoughts of food, or dinner-time TV.
8. Say something motivating and purposeful like, “That’s it, I’m knuckling down to do all these things on this list after dinner and the new episode of The Mentalist which starts at 8:30pm.
9. I follow step 8 through and at 9:30pm, after Mentalist, the warm bed looks real attractive.
10. The cycle willingly repeats itself.
Kids, don’t try this at home.