I’ve got 29 tabs open in my browser and every 2 minutes something else pops into mind and my mouse heads towards the “+” icon to ‘Open a New Tab’!! What is wrong with me?!
- I want to blog about some story ideas I had
- I have some job applications to submit
- Need to do some research on companies for a kick-ass job application
- Thinking about (and googling) recipe ideas for the leftover kiwi in my pantry
- Feeling a little frustrated and want to blog about the fuzz that’s growing in my mind and a growing hunger in my belly as it draws closer to dinner time…
I took a breath and opened WordPress, but got distracted by reading the posts from some of my favorite bloggers.
Wait, what was I trying to do?
As I berate myself mentally, I realize the pantry is just a few steps away.
Mmm a cookie would taste so good right now.
I should grab one.
But it’s too close to dinner. Or is it?
Images of the Tim Tams I bought tempted me further into the sweet, sweet embrace of my pantry and all its treasures.
A mental battle ensues.
One that logic wins.
Defeated, I grab the thing nearest to me.
My cup – and took a sip of water.
It tasted nothing like the sweet sensation of chocolate.
Searching for a distraction, I looked back at my screen and clicked on a random tab.
It was a job opening I was interested in.
It was a website I had never seen before, asking for my resume and contact details.
I wondered if they were legit.
Opened a new tab to research on the jobbing website.
It was taking some time to load.
Clicked on “New Post”.
Maybe I could try to get a post in while it was loading.
I had some ideas on what to blog, hmmm….
My stomach growls.
I’m hungry, it’s dinner time.
Or close to it.
Everything else will have to wait.
Just for a little while.